Note – if you or someone you know needs prayer or support, please click here to access our helpline form and we’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Whilst physically separated, we are united together as a community in worship. Our services and events are currently suspended, but we continue to stream services online. To view our services, please check our Facebook live videos page.
We also have homegroups running virtually through Google Meet and Zoom. For more information, please email email@example.com
Update – 28th April
We now have a facility for online giving, which can be found here. We appreciate your support at this time!
Please see below a letter from our vicar, Rev’d Luiz Lima, dated 18th March 2020.
Pastoral instructions and Social Distancing:
How Pastoral care can happen at Christ Church and St Luke’s Church.
As a result of the guidance for public meetings, we are suspending our Sunday services and weekly gatherings incluging our APCM until further notice.
I understand this will upset many and impact our own understanding of gathering, Sabbath and fellowship.
However, though physically separated, we will continue united as a community.
- Sunday Services:
All 3 Sunday services 9am, 11am and 6:30pm will be streamed online at:
If you know someone who is unable to access our services online, they can call a local number to hear our sermons. Access Dial-A-Sermon on: 0114 3032023
2. Pastoral Care:
Please phone 01909 530127 if you or someone you know need support, please leave a message with name and number and we will return your call.
Our team is ready to call any parishioner or church member to talk, support and pray for.
They will also try to regularly call every church member to ensure everyone is well.
If you need help with shopping please call the number above. Our team of drivers might be able to help too.
Prayer is a powerful tool that God has given us to seek peace, wisdom, and courage in the face of fear and confusion. Please Join us in praying for our world, community and church.
“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
Be assured, We will continue to work towards increasing our ability to serve whilst holding the best health and safety advice.
This pandemic is likely to be devastating to our churches’ finances. If you currently give using Cash either via envelopes or on the plate could please consider:
- Switch to paying by direct bank transfer either as a single payment or as a standing order.
If you need any help with this please phone Peter Stanley on 01909 477391.
- Instead of Cash, write a cheque and post it to Peter Stanley, treasurer, 15. St. Anne’s Close.
Worksop. Notts. S80 3QS. Cheques payable to “Christ Church PCC” or “Shireoaks PCC St. Luke’s”.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE POST
- You can give online via our Give A Little Page
- You can also give online using our JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/stlukes-shireoaks
- If you can only give by cash then please continue to use envelopes, stating Christ Church or St. Luke’s and posting through the Christ Church letter box or let the Church Office know that there is money to be collected – Tel 01909 530127 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Aid – if you have not already signed a Gift Aid form, now would be a good time to complete the form that is in this pack and return it to Peter Stanley – 15. St. Anne’s Close. Worksop. Notts. S80 3QS.
For now, keep in touch and be assured of our prayers for you.
Revd. Luiz Lima.
Vicar of Christ Church Worksop and St. Luke’s Shireoaks & Rhodesia.